Mold Removal Restoration SERVICE
Our team of experts will identify and eliminate all mold from your property. We test all surfaces to identify the extent of the damage and use the most cutting-edge technologies to eliminate mold for good. Living in a home infested with mold can cause permanent structural damage to your home as well as long-term health consequences for you and your family. Trust a company with Mold Removal Restoration Service experience to get the job done right.
(505) 490-0493 - Office
(505) 221-3400 - 24/7
Mold is a serious problem that can lead to an array of health issues. The mold itself is not recognized as being harmful to humans. However, the by-products of mold; mycotoxins, endotoxins and other such biotoxins have been well evidenced to cause significant health problems. In instances where water has invaded a business or residence, mold begins colonizing within 24 hours. It feeds off moisture and organic matter found inside most building and content materials such as insulation, drywall, wall-paper and porous wood.
The professionals at AAA Restoration & Construction Services work fast to prevent new mold growth. Our technicians hold certifications from industry organizations such as IICRC, we follow strict health and safety guidelines and are fully licensed to perform Mold Remediation in the state of New Mexico. Our team uses a complete procedure for mold treatment which includes: identifying the source, containment and prevention of spreading and treatment of the affected areas with non-toxic antimicrobials to deter mold from returning.
MOLD HEALTH CONCERNS
Another potential mold-borne problem for someone with a compromised immune system? “Mold can get a foothold in your lung and put you at a higher risk of developing a lung infection,” says Dr. Rizzo. One such infection caused by mold is aspergillosis. Mild cases trigger allergy-like symptoms; however, an invasive form can spread to other parts of the body, such as the brain, heart, and kidneys, and it can be fatal, says the Mayo Clinic.
Even if you’re healthy, exposure to mold may contribute to the development of asthma, a chronic condition that impacts breathing; asthma attacks can even be life-threatening. Kids who were exposed to “visible mold” were at an increased risk for developing asthma or suffering from worsening asthma symptoms, according to a 2018 paper in the European Respiratory Review.
Even if you don’t have allergies or another respiratory issue, mold can still irritate lungs and cause a cough, says Dr. Rizzo. “Wheezing and cough may be the first sign of an allergy or that you’ve been exposed to a significant enough amount of mold that it’s compromising your airways,” he says.
People with a weakened immune system are especially susceptible to the ill effects of mold exposure. It’s possible, though, that mold inhalation can lead to airway inflammation, which then may leave a vulnerable individual susceptible to another infection.